Cosmelan Depigmentation Treatment Santa Ana & San Clemente
Cosmelan works by affecting the skin’s melanin (color-producing pigment) producing cells helps brown spots obtain a clearing or blending effect to the surrounding skin
Orange County cosmetic surgeon Dr. Tim Roham offers Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, which is designed to improve the appearance of anti-aesthetic skin blemishes wish a very high safety margin.
Cosmelan treatment’s principal action is the elimination of melanin patches on the face from melasma , sun damaged age spots, and Acne.
Cosmelan is a very non invasive and versatile at home brown spot treatment process which is easily adapted to the needs of each individual patient.
Cosmelan mechanism of action
Cosmelan treatment action mechanism is based on the inhibitionof tyrosinase, a basic enzyme in the melanin formation process. Several of the substances present in the Cosmelan formula act by blocking this enzyme, hence retarding production of excess pigment As a result, the pigmentation appears to lighten and fade over several weeks.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment offers a series of major advantages and benefits compared with other types of depigmentation products found in the market:
- Very efficient in all types of melasma and sun dammage
- Rapid and easy skin lightening action
- Compatible with ALL skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
- Light peeling effect / Rejuvenation and luminosity of the skin including shrinking of the pores
- Treatment can start and be used all year round with mainainance of Cosmelan 2
- Very effective for acne patients with residual acne scarring
- No Hydroquinone, this treatment is based on Azelic acid
- No TCA
- High safety margin
In most cases, the disappearance of the blemishes improves tremendously.
ONE WEEK after starting the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, a noticeable significant improvement of the skin is observed! The reduction of the treated blemish is detected and the appearance of new luminous and rejuvenated skin is
At the end of the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment, the blemishes start to disappear altogether, so that, although the patient may be able to “locate” the place where the spot was, the truth is that the pigmentation will have disappeared and nobody will be able to see it just by looking at it. The result appears to be long-lasting as long as strict sun avoidance is adhered or the acne is well controlled.
Active Ingredients – Cosmelan Pack
Cosmelan 1 – Cream (10g) applied in the office by Dr. Roham after degressing.
Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Titanium Dioxide
Cosmelan 2 – Maintenance Cream (30g) is applied by the patient at home
Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid
Mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml) used as a moisturizer after the application of Cosmelan 2 daily.
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, VItamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.
it must be known if the patient has undergone any previous treatments, especially with glycolic acid. If confirmed, any treatment, especially Glycolic Acid, must be removed at least, one week prior to using Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment initiated at the medical office must be continued at home, on a daily basis, according to the guidelines indicated.
The treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed.
It is completely forbidden to combine the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment with other depigmentation treatments, as the appearance of undesired effects cannot be guaranteed.
Follow up visits are recommended 15 days after the beginning of treatment, and 30 days after, and a follow up treatment are revisit every month thereafter.
DR. Roham treats the entire face by applying an even layer of COSMELAN 1. The Treatment mask is kept on your skin for a certain number of hours depending on the natural color of your skin.
Treatment Application – Cosmelan Depigmentation Treatment
* If patient is extremely sensitive, the time of action can be 4 hours.
** If patient is extremely sensitive, the time of action can be cut by 2 hours
- After the action time has elapsed, the patient must remove the mask with water and a neutral cleanser.
- Following, the patient will apply a layer of mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream over the whole surface treated.
Evolution After Cosmelan 1
First and Second day
- During the first two days of the treatment, the skin may turn red.
- If the skin is very sensitive, the patient may experience an itching feeling.
- Slight burning and tightening of the skin is also absolutely normal, especially during the first 24 to 48 hours after starting the treatment.
- To relieve these problems, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K whenever necessary.
Reddening of the Skin
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan 1 treatment is similar to the effects of day-long exposure to the sun in the snow without protection. (Intense reddening in photo type I and II and practically non existent in photo type IV and V)
Flaking may occur on all skin types (and more intensely in photo types I and II) between the second and third day. In this case it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this every two hours on the day when the flaking is most intense.
Third and Fourth day
After the third or fourth day, the skin appears healthy and luminous and the marks begin to fade.
Home Treatment – Cosmelan 2 Maintenance Cream
- Clean Face completely, every time mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 is applied.
- Apply a thin layer of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 all over face mask style, with a light, circular movement.
- Apply mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K to the face and neck with a light, circular motion 15 minutes after applying mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2. Use daily.
For best results, continue the daily application of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 up to one year after treatment.
Advance Laser & Cosmetic is pleased to provide a wide range of skin care products and cosmetic treatments. Offering minimally-invasive procedures such as laser hair removal, acne treatment, and laser skin resurfacing, Dr. Roham strives to provide the safest and most effective treatments available. Over the years he has earned a reputation as a surgeon who breast augmentation, tummy tuck and facelift Santa Ana patients can turn to for all of their aesthetic needs.
*There's no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary from person to person.