Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Santa Ana & San Clemente
Breast fat transfer procedure removes fat from a woman’s unwanted waist or thigh area and transfers it to their breasts. Breast fat injection creates very natural and significantly enhanced breasts. Fat grafting to the breasts can be used as an alternative to implants for breast augmentation. Breast fat injection can also be used as an adjunct to implants to disguise the edges or rippling of existing silicone gel and saline implants.
Dr. Roham harvests the fat for fat breast augmentation using with a small cannula and a syringe through a small puncture in the areas of the body with unwanted fat. Fat harvesting must be done very slowly and carefully to avoid any trauma to the harvested fat cells. Once the removed fat is processed and purified then it is meticulously injected into the breasts using very fine cannulas and syringes. The injected fat must be placed in small pearly fat droplets to maximize their proximity to nearby blood vessels and ensure growth and permanency of the injected fat cells.
Advantages of Breast Fat transfer:
- Fat for breast augmentation is a natural substance that comes from your own body so there are minimal chances of infection, rejection and contracture.
- Fat harvesting can be used to enhance your overall body shape by removing fat from unwanted areas (hips, thighs,)and placing it into desired locations (breast, buttock, Cheeks, chin,.)
- The breast can be sculpted and shaped as desired by adding more fat to areas that need more enhancements.
- There are needle punctures with this procedure as oppose to full incision, which reduces the possibility of scarring.
- Fat grafting to the breasts can be used to disguise breast implants that do not look natural or have ripples or that are very visible under the skin.
- Some women suffer from capsular contracture in which the tissue surrounding a breast implant becomes tight causing the breast to feel and look unusually hard. Fat can be injected in these patients to give them a softer, more natural look.
Disadvantages of fat transfer to the Breasts:
- The operating time is several hours for fat harvesting and Breast fat transfer as opposed to only one hour for breast implant placement.
- Fat transfer to the breast can only improve the breast by one to one and half cup sizes,so if you are person that wants to go from a Cup size A to D then Implants are a better option for you.
- Some of the fat that is injected may get reabsorbed by the body and the amount of reansoption is unpredictable even though the current techniques have had 80-90% complete fat retention rate.
- Fat transfer to the breast may create micro calcifications in the breasts that may interfere with mammograms for breast cancer screening. However, this may not be a concern anymore as the newer digital mammograms are able to distinguish between the calcification from breast cancer to calcification from fat transfer. For those patients for whom there is any doubt, MRI screening may completely resolve any concerns.
The ideal candidates for fat breast augmentation are:
- Someone who has just lost some volume in their breast after weight loss or pregnancy and has minimal breast drooping.
- A person that would like to only increase their bust size by one to one and half cups.
- A person that has had too many problems with breast implants such as rippling, and capsular contractures.
Orange County breast implants provider Dr. Tim Roham is dedicated to providing his patients with the most advanced treatment options to enhance their appearance. The breast fat transfer procedure is an alternative to breast augmentation. To learn more about this procedure, or other cosmetic treatments available from Dr. Roham, such as liposuction, tummy tuck, or face lift, contact his practice today.
*There's no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary from person to person.